INGREDIENTS Low Carb Pad Thai
- 3 packages miracle noodles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons gluten free traditional tamari
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- Salt and black pepper to taste (season the chicken while cooking)
- 1-2 tablespoon organic molasses (if you want it thicker and sweeter add more)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (less if you can’t handle spicy foods)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juiceto taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1.5 lbs fresh shrimp or chicken
- 4 eggs beaten
- 35 g unsalted cashews roughly chopped
- 3 green onions finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves torn
- Lime wedges
Miracle Noodles prepare as shown on package.
- Drain the noodles, rinse well in cold water, place in boiling water for two minutes, then dry the noodles in an oiled pan over medium heat. Set aside.
FOR THE PAD THAI
- In a small bowl whisk together: fish sauce, tamari, sweetener, molasses and red pepper. Add lime juice to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil, garlic and saute briefly until it starts to brown.
- Cut chicken in small pieces, cook in coconut oil and garlic or add shrimp and cook for 2-5 minutes on each side (depending on their size), until just cooked through. (salt and BP to taste)
- Pour in the lightly beaten eggs and continue to cook, stirring them to scramble, until solid but still moist and tender.
- Pour in the prepared sauce and mix briefly until the shrimp and scrambled eggs are evenly coated. Add in prepared noodles, tossing to coat in the sauce. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and cashews. Serve immediately with fresh lime.